Career Opportunities with Keppler Speakers
Keppler Speakers bureau, one of the world’s leading speakers bureaus, provides best in class celebrity and professional speakers for corporations, associations, civic groups, colleges and universities for thousands of events annually. For over 30 years, this full-service Washington D.C. area based company has exclusively represented the highest caliber of speakers from the worlds of business, politics, entertainment, literature, sports and more. Our trademarked, Real People, Real Stories company positioning reinforces to our clients our commitment to provide speakers who inspire, inform, entertain and, above all, deliver a powerful, change-making experience that fits customer needs.
Announcement Date: September 30, 2014
The Sales Associate’s activities are a direct extension of the company’s sales effort, supporting select sales Agents by helping to maximize their efficiency and increase business. We offer a competitive salary, supportive working environment, and generous benefits.
Core values of a Sales Associate at Keppler Speakers are individual initiative, creativity, organization, and follow through.
The extraordinary candidate will possess the following:
• Energetic self-starter with a polite and professional demeanor
• Strong time management with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Effective organization skills with a strong emphasis on detail and consistent follow up
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Computer savvy; proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to research via phone and the Internet
• Maintain a high level of quality control in all duties
• Previous meeting, event, and/or college student activities
• College degree is preferable but not mandatory; past professional experience can compensate.
• Electronic assembly, proofreading and sending of speaker contracts, adhering to company contracting checklist
• Facilitate contract revision process, ensuring all parties are informed as revisions are completed
• Track receipt of outstanding contracts, fees and expenses
• Correspond with Speaker offices
• Process customer gift orders
• Regularly update Agent(s) of projected, current and/or completed tasks and projects
• Ceaselessly update database; light receptionist work
Life insurance; long and short-term disability and AD&D coverage; paid time off and paid holidays; ability to participate in group health, dental and supplemental insurance plans, as well as company pension plan.
If you are an energetic team player with a positive attitude, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with the job title Sales Associate in the subject line. We look forward to discussing this exciting opportunity.
No phone calls please.
Job Posting: Director of Speaker Acquisition
Announcement Date: August 2014
The Director of Speaker Acquisition will coordinate our company’s efforts to recruit new speakers. Working with our President and Agents, s/he will be the company’s central point of contact for communication regarding new talent and providing timely updates about new speaker representation.
• BS/BA from an accredited university or the equivalent of 5-7 years professional work experience
• Strong time management and organization skills; detail oriented with consistent follow-up
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to professionally navigate and problem solve with sound judgment in stressful situations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Energetic self-starter with a polite and professional demeanor; some travel required
• Master’s Degree a plus
Sample tasks include:
• Identify gaps in company speaker roster to identify viable speaker prospects
• Keep abreast of current events and business trends and maintain vigilance for new speaker ideas
• Collect names of potential speaker candidates from company vice presidents and other employees
• Research speaker candidates through web searches, phone calls & in-person meetings
• Obtain video clips to assess potential speaker viability
• Approach potential speakers to discuss representation
• Document all speaker interactions and track progress on each pursuit
• Communicate throughout the process with all interested parties to keep everyone informed of the progress on any given speaker
• Determine who else should be involved in the recruiting process of any given speaker
• Work with the CEO to negotiate contract terms for exclusive speaker agreements. Additionally, liaison with the marketing department to create speaker’s marketing plans
• Set a positive leadership example through all interactions with others at the company, and perform duties in a manner that reflects well on the reputation of the company
• Share skills, expertise and knowledge to assist in the professional development of others at the company
Benefits include: Life insurance, long and short-term disability and AD&D coverage; fifteen (15) days of PTO per year and paid company holidays. Benefits may also include: Group health, dental and supplemental insurance plans; 401K plan with options for traditional and Roth accounts; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses as well as pre-tax transportation deductions for parking and Metro.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Director of Speaker Acquisition” in the subject line. We look forward to reviewing your credentials.