At Keppler Speakers, we’re very passionate about what we do and we have a lot of fun doing it! We have an unparalleled reputation for professionalism and honesty in our industry and many of today’s leading speakers and agents make their home at Keppler Speakers.
Job Posting: Director of Speaker Acquisition
Announcement Date: August 2014
Keppler Speakers, one of the world’s leading speakers’ bureaus, seeks a Director of Speaker Acquisition. This is a full time position in our Washington, DC area headquarters. We are located in Arlington, VA, across from the Clarendon Metro Station. The person in this role would oversee the company’s efforts to recruit and represent speakers, as well as to coordinate promotion with the marketing department.
We were established in 1983 and have grown into a dedicated team of over 40 employees who have been serving the meeting and event community for three decades. Keppler has an unparalleled reputation for professionalism and honesty in our industry, and many of today’s leading speakers and agents make their home at Keppler Speakers.
The Director of Speaker Acquisition will not be the only employee recruiting new speakers; however, s/he will be the company’s central point of contact for managing the new product pipeline and providing timely updates about new product acquisition.
• BS/BA from an accredited university or the equivalent of 5-7 years professional work experience
• Strong time management and organization skills; detail oriented with consistent follow-up
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to professionally navigate and problem solve with sound judgment in stressful situations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Energetic self-starter with a polite and professional demeanor; some travel required
• Master’s Degree a plus
Sample tasks include:
• Identify gaps in company speaker roster to identify viable speaker prospects
• Keep abreast of current events and business trends and maintain vigilance for new speaker ideas
• Collect names of potential speaker candidates from company vice presidents and other employees
• Research speaker candidates through web searches, phone calls & in-person meetings
• Obtain video clips to assess potential speaker viability
• Approach potential speakers to discuss representation
• Document all speaker interactions and track progress on each pursuit
• Communicate throughout the process with all interested parties to keep everyone informed of the progress on any given speaker
• Determine who else should be involved in the recruiting process of any given speaker
• Work with the CEO to negotiate contract terms for exclusive speaker agreements. Additionally, liaison with the marketing department to create speaker’s marketing plans
• Set a positive leadership example through all interactions with others at the company, and perform duties in a manner that reflects well on the reputation of the company
• Share skills, expertise and knowledge to assist in the professional development of others at the company
Benefits include: Life insurance, long and short-term disability and AD&D coverage; fifteen (15) days of PTO per year and paid company holidays. Benefits may also include: Group health, dental and supplemental insurance plans; 401K plan with options for traditional and Roth accounts; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses as well as pre-tax transportation deductions for parking and Metro.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Director of Speaker Acquisition” in the subject line. We look forward to reviewing your credentials.