At Keppler Speakers, we’re very passionate about what we do and we have a lot of fun doing it! We have an unparalleled reputation for professionalism and honesty in our industry and many of today’s leading speakers and agents make their home at Keppler Speakers. We are always looking for dynamic professionals to join our team and currently have the following positions available:
Event Services Manager
Announcement Date: May 2013
Keppler Speakers, one of the world’s leading speaker’s bureaus, is searching for dynamic candidates to fill an Event Services Manager (ESM) position in our Event Services Department. This position is entrusted to successfully handle all logistical arrangements required for assigned speaker appearances, with a heavy emphasis on exemplary customer service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
An ESM serves as the Keppler customer’s direct connection to their speaker and anticipates and addresses the needs of each, to service a successful event from start to finish. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, coordinating all travel arrangements (including hotel, flight and ground transportation); creating logistical itineraries for customers and speakers; reviewing and enforcing contractual requirements as needed; recommending supplemental services to customers; planning for unforeseen circumstances and processing of travel related expenses.
The successful candidate possesses the following:
• BS/BA from an accredited university or the equivalent of 5-7 years professional work experience
• At least 3 years of customer service/event experience
• Strong time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with regular interruptions
• Very effective organization skills with a strong emphasis on detail and consistent follow up
• Ability to develop and foster customer and speaker relationships
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to strive in a fast paced work environment
• Ability to professionally navigate, problem solve and utilize sound judgment in time sensitive and stressful situations
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• On-call availability 24 hours a day, for travel related emergencies
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Energetic self-starter with a polite and professional demeanor
• Ability to learn new computer systems quickly
• CMP Designation preferred
• Master’s Degree a plus
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000 commensurate with experience
Position is full time with no travel required
Benefits include: Life insurance, long and short-term disability and AD&D coverage; fifteen (15) days of PTO per year and paid company holidays.
Benefits may also include: Group health, dental and supplemental insurance plans; Keppler 401K plan with options for traditional and Roth accounts; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses as well as pre-tax transportation deductions for parking and Metro.
If you are ready to advance to the next level in your career, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Event Services Manager” in the subject line. We look forward to reviewing your credentials.