Assistant Video Editor
Keppler Speakers, one of the world's leading speakers’ bureaus, established in 1983, is seeking an Assistant Video Editor in our Washington, DC area headquarters. The individual in this full-time position will be responsible for assisting the Video Editor/Producer in the overall curation, production, management and delivery of video assets pertaining to our various speakers. He/She will collaborate with the Video Editor/Producer in growing the creative and strategic output of Keppler’s marketing video content. He/ She will maintain an effective video editing process that ensures accurate and timely completion of requested work. The ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and be flexible with occasional changing priorities will be vital for success. This position is for the individual interested in the fast-paced events industry and requires working on tight deadlines and operating as part of the video team within the marketing department.
Sample tasks include:
- Evaluate and select speaker video clips in terms of information, sales/ marketing messaging, quality and video page presentations
- Organize and manage the cataloguing and archiving of incoming speaker videos
- Convert video to necessary format and file size
- Publish speaker video pages and individual videos to the website
- Assist the Video Editor/Producer in set up of in-house and location video shoots and manage footage post-production
- Support the Video Producer in the creation of original custom video content including image based speaker sizzle videos and client targeted custom video messages.
- Assist and provide ongoing service to sales agents and other departments for various video needs
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in the field of video production
- Excels in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently
- Follows direction well
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively liaise with other departments
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to details, including project file management
- Strong storytelling and message-crafting skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, Photoshop and Illustrator; Mac background essential
- Familiarity with video production, 3-point lighting for interviews, audio mic-ing and various event AV operations
- Previous experience using Dropbox and Brightcove Video Cloud is a plus
Competitive salary, life insurance, long and short-term disability and AD&D coverage; fifteen (15) days of PTO per year and paid company holidays. Other Benefits include: Group health, dental and supplemental insurance plans; 401K plan with options for traditional and Roth accounts; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses as well as pre-tax transportation deductions for parking and Metro.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send a cover letter, online portfolio/demo reel, résumé and salary requirements to email@example.com with the job title “Assistant Video Editor” in the subject line. We look forward to reviewing your credentials.